Updated: Jun 28, 2020
Our Pasta with Avocado and Spinach Pesto is a filling and fresh alternative to the classic pesto. A quick and easy to make recipe, packed with flavor and healthy ingredients!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving 4 people
400 g of spaghetti, penne or fusilli pasta (preferably wholewheat)
1 tsp of salt
1 large avocado
40 g baby spinach
black pepper and salt
(optional : 5 ml of olive oil)
1 vine ripened tomato
(Optional: 1-2 chopped spring onions and 1 tsp of golden flax-seed)
STEPS BY STEPS INSTRUCTIONS
1. Bring a large pan of water to boil, add 1 tsp of salt, then add the pasta (we have used spaghetti this time, but penne or fusilli taste great too).
2. Whilst your past is cooking, prep the ingredients for your pesto: cut the avocado in half, remove the peel and pit, then cut in small pieces and squeeze the lemon.
3. Add the avocado, spinach, lemon juice and olive oil (optional) to a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Now that the pesto is ready, prep the topping: dice the tomato, chop the spring onions and set aside.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, save a scoop of pasta water, then drain. Add the pasta, pesto and the water you'd set aside to the pan and mix well.
6. Top up your pasta with the diced tomatoes, spring onion and sprinkle golden flaxseed (optional)
7. Serve warm or chilled!
We have used the Fitness Pal app to monitor our calories intake and the nutrients in our meal. Have a look below and always try to eat or meals that contain more protein than fat.
Check our blog for other healthy recipes and meals ideas.
Want to lead a healthier life? Join us!